Thursday, June 26, 2008

Anticipating Warm Toes

We're putting radiant heat in our house so off we went on Tuesday afternoon to install Pex tubing in the master bedroom area. The Pex tubing is what the hot water will flow through which will warm up the floor and whole house. The pex has to be attached to the rebar with zip ties, so we had to be there in between the rebar being installed and the concrete being placed. Having never done this before we had some trepidation about it, but it all went just fine (not counting my sore thighs from bending and sqatting a couple hundred times). It took the two of us about 4 1/2 hours. The rest of the house will be done later after the framing is complete.
I'm sure looking forward to the day that my slippers will only be a fashion statement!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So when I forget my slippers at the coast house it will be no big deal!

Jessica said...

oooh, I want to come! it'll be a slipperless party

*** said...

Hey Aunt Julie, I love looking at your blog! Your house is going to be awesome, what a view! I always thought I would love to live by the ocean, theres just somthing about it that is so peaceful. Im glad we can stay in touch this way, its great to see what you guys are up to. tell uncle cliffy hi for me. Oh ya by the way your picture of your sewing stuff reminded me that I was going to ask you if you would make Christmas Stockings for my little fam, I know its a lot to ask but the stockings you made for us as kids are so great and I just love them and want something like that for my house. I love country shabby chic stuff and I know you are just the one to do it. You have such a talent I only wish I could spend a month with you and learn all that you know. I will send you whatever its going to cost and then some for your time, if its too late for this year no biggy just something I wanted to throw out there. talk to you later, have a great week!