Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Little Work, A Lotta Pretty

As my title clearly tells, Cliff was able to get some work done on our trip to the coast last weekend, but the best part was how beautiful it was up there. It was the full moon and we had no fog overnight so the moon over the water in the early morning hours was stunning! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it because my camera is just a point & shoot and doesn't do a good job on stuff like that. But I did get some great pictures of the ocean (what else?) and of some of the flowers in season.

Cliff spent some time putting up 1x4 boards under the deck overhang and beginning the to paint the columns. I didn't get any pictures of the painting in progress though. I guess I was too busy looking at the beautiful Pacific ocean. So here's the one work related picture.
Well, technically this next one is work related because I took the picture to show our friend Jim Millen (Millen's Woodworking in Castro Valley), cabinet maker extraordinare. Jim is going to build a window seat all along this NW facing wall for us. But the reason I'm sharing the picture is the awesome sunset. Please pay no attention to the mess under the window!
And now onto the pretty! Ocean views and flowers. These pink flowers are probably familiar to some of you, but I'm not a gardener and have never paid much attention to the names of plants. So these are Amaryllis Belladonna, aka Naked Ladies! When I first heard that name used I thought it was a joke but it's not and there is a perfectly good explanation for that nickname which I have already forgotten.
Last but not least here a couple of pictures of the beautiful blue Pacific as seen from just south of the mouth of the Navarro River.
Until next time, when we will have a hand rail on our deck, Lord willing.

No comments: